Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Servant"

God has been talking to me quite a bit about being His servant. Yes on the last day here, first day in His awesome presence I would very much like to hear Him say to me "good & faithful servant." But most importantly I want to hear Him say....thank you for sharing all I have given you...good & faithful steward.

I have discovered that all servants are bought with a price and there are 2 basic classifications of servants. There are bondservants and indentured servants. Bondservants a bond, or price, was paid for that servant....in Hebrew times bondservants loved their masters and willing served even after their time of service was up. Indentured servants are forced to serve due to an outstanding debt or their country was conquered.

This got me to thinking.....what did Jesus do.....Jesus was compelled by the love of God for humankind that He willingly served the Father & us with His ultimate service of love...being the acceptable sacrifice for sin! Do I willing serve Jesus because I truly love Him....or do I serve Him because I am forced? Makes one wonder about the motive of the heart....upon searching my heart I can honestly say I serve Him because I love Him. I know there is NO way to ever repay the gift of love in His sacrifice for me.

I don't have all the answers, but have been pondering my walk with Him more and more these days. Remembering when I first came to Him as a sinner....how He has healed me of many inward hurts....how He cleansed me from my sin and made me pure & clean so I can enter the Father's presence....where I want our relationship to go.....

This relationship doesn't just stop at servant....it just begins there. Well dear blog reader I must dash for now. I will share in a few days what God has revealed to me about serving.....not enough time today as I am using a friend's computer. Hopefully my own personal "geek squad" will get mine up and running so I can blog more often then once a week. Hugs dear readers & friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment